Just this morning we’ve received a request from the Nepal authorities to rescue another large group of displaced Nepali children from India. This presents not only a huge operational challenge – the repatriation, research of families, reunifications and probably the long term care of a number of children who will have no homes to go to. However there is also a funding challenge and we’re desperately trying to find the resources we need to bring these kids home and do the job properly. Here are eleven ways you can help:
- If you haven’t done so already please like our Facebook page or if you have done so already please share the link with some selected friends, giving a personal recommendation.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Sign up to our mailing list in the box at the bottom of our website home page.
- Another zero cost option is to sign up with Give as you Live. This site is a stepping stone to a wide range of online stores – everything from eBay to Amazon and if you access these stores through Give as you Live then we get paid commission. So far in just a few months the 21 supporters who have registered with the site have raised £791.26 for ChoraChori and it hasn’t cost them a penny. You only have to remember to visit Give as you Live as your first port of call for online purchases!
- Offer your services as a volunteer. In the UK we can use people with accounting and fundraising skills but we are open to any suggestions. We do not operate a volunteer programme to Nepal but we are happy to host visits from individuals who might have some skills that they can share with our children’s refuge and support staff. Please contact us to find out more.
- Make a donation – yes, of course, we’re a charity! We can accept donations in any major currency using our secure Justgiving page. Alternatively just send a cheque to the charity address. We would particularly welcome a monthly donation as that allows us a steady income and the capacity to plan ahead. So rather than sending us £25, consider sending £2 per month! You can do this either by setting up a standing order with your bank or through the MyDonate page.
- If you are a U.S. donor you can donate tax efficiently online towards our education projects through GlobalGiving. If you prefer you can send a cheque to our partner Made By Survivors but please clearly annotate your gift as being for ChoraChori. The address is Ten Charities, PO Box 3403, St Augustine, FL 32085. Both GlobalGiving and Made By Survivors are registered U.S. nonprofits.
- Who do you know? Can you introduce us to a corporate, a grantmaker, a school, a place of worship, club. We love community fundraising!
- Take up a challenge – run, climb, jump from a plane – or opt for a fun sponsored activity like a headshave. Perhaps you could organise an event like a coffee morning or a special lunch? Let us know if you need any advice or support.
- We’ve just received £250 from a very generous couple in lieu of a wedding present to friends. Gifts in lieu can be for anything – maybe instead of this year’s Christmas cards?
- Finally, PLEASE remember our life-saving work if you are writing or re-writing your Will. Again giving us a mention won’t cost you anything but your final gift could have massive impact. For further advice please contact Philip directly.
Now, surely there’s at least one option in there that works for you?! Many thanks.